Saturday, December 14, 2013

Quickie Roster Movies

Sorry I've been quiet lately - the end of the semester was akin to battling up the last stretches of Mount Everest with no carbs and a hole in your warmest pants.  You think I'm joking.


Anyway, the Vikings have announced a few roster moves in the wake of the Peterson/Gerhart injuries.

Harrison Smith is finally all better!!  I am so overjoyed, I picked on him to be my new favorite Viking the day we drafted him and I saw his tape in all its glory.  Of course, Cordarrelle Patterson is giving him a serious run for his money (I have friends who are Tenn fans and they assured me Patterson was a fantastic pickup...guess they were right!), but Smith is just the kind of badass I want on my Vikings' D.

So with Smith activated from IR, we have also signed Joe Banyard, RB (ha, I knew he'd get his chance!), and Robert Steeples, CB (I feel bad I don't remember this guy...maybe he'll give us something to remember him by on the field?  We can hope!!).

We have room for these guys because Josh Robinson fractured his sternum vs Seattle (ouch...although this could be a blessing.  Robinson is so raw.  We need to get his head into the game, and stop him missing assignments.  Maybe this injury will park his ass in the film room and let him see what he looks like on the field.) and we were forced to cut a backup o-lineman Mike Remmers.  I'm not crazy about that, considering how tired our o-line gets, but we do need a backup RB with only Asiata active.  Let's hope Asiata and Banyard can keep some pressure off Cassel.  Also, Rudolph was placed on IR this week.

Xavier Rhodes is questionable with an ankle injury, and I'm glad to say the docs are sitting Peterson.  He's a badass, but I want to KEEP him in badass form as long as possible.

Also, I have heard all the rumors about trying to shop Ponder as a backup.  Do I think they're anything more than rumors?
...eh.  I hope our FO is more concerned with putting the team (and the coaching staff) through their paces now to determine what to do in the offseason than with the offseason right now.  So we'll see.

SKOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment