Thursday, September 22, 2016

Onward, Sweet Charlotte!

According to all the news agencies, the Vikings will go ahead with their game against the Panthers in Charlotte, South Carolina.  Let's hope nothing bad happens and no one gets hurt.

For the record, I am 100% in favor of peaceful protesting, and have a certain amount of sympathy even when they do silly things like block open roads.  What I am not in favor of is molotov cocktails and looting, which I think is a pretty reasonable line to draw.

Anyway, let's forget politics for a few minutes and enjoy some football.

Adrian Peterson's meniscus surgery was successful. Zimmer is still being cagey about the timeline.  Guess at least Teddy has a rehab buddy now?  Surgeons say there was no sign of damage or anything like that anywhere else in the knee, which is a big relief.  He's getting up there in years, lets hope he's still got great healing flesh.

Out of the blue, Sharrif Floyd has had knee surgery today!  Just a "cleanup" procedure due to a "cartilage" issue, similar to one he had last year.  Then he was out for four games.  Let's hope he doesn't take any longer this time around.  Should we start praying for Linval Joseph?  I'll burn a couple candles to keep him going!!

Xavier Rhodes is practicing and is *said* (that is, rumored on twitter) to be good to go for Sunday.  Which is good, because we NEED him.


I'm going to end with this quote I found courtesy of HC Mike Zimmer:

"I feel like we have to go back to work and go play Carolina (on Sunday)," Zimmer said. "I expect (the players) to perform the way I always expect them to perform."

Mike Zimmer = Boss.

SKOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment