Thursday, October 25, 2012

Vikings lose to Tampa Bay - Initial Reaction

Well, my actual initial reaction could only be spelled with capitals and asterisks, so I'm not posting that.

Frankly, I'm devastated.  I know we had an extremely short week after a horrific win.  I know that we have injuries, both fresh and nagging.

But this was our last "easy" game - unless Detroit all gets the flu and goes belly-up while we  play them in two weeks - until St. Louis on December 16th.  We NEEDED this game, and we got blown out of the water.

One of the talking heads - don't remember who, my eyes were full of blood from screaming obscenities at the television - said something that makes a lot of sense.  That we're a young group, a fresh group, and we need time to become a team before we can make a legitimate playoff run.  A team, a cohesive unit that works together and plays together and has a rhythm.

One or two things that made me happy - our boys kept trying all game long.  I was particularly encouraged by Harrison Smith hitting harder and harder as the game went on.  He was not going to roll over and he let Tampa know it.  Jared Allen made some spectacular plays - and so did Everson Griffin.  I'm so proud of him, he never gets the slightest bit of recognition, and he continues to go out there and kick some ass.  I didn't notice Robison at all (except for what SHOULD have been an interception, ahem), which really is quite a good thing.
I feel we reduced the stupid penalties a teeny bit, at least they weren't quite as blatant as on Sunday.

One thing that encourages me is the tweets from the team after the game:

chris cook ‏@Cook_Isle
Thanks everyone ! We gotta bounce back next week tho!!! 


(N.B. Chris Cook has a broken wrist, which is also devastating - no idea when he'll be back.)

TreyTrey ‏@sanford33
Sorry for the way we played tonight. No excuse for the way we played. Back to the drawing board tomorrow. #SkolVikes


(I'm glad he feels the pain of this loss...means he'll work harder, and I love that about these guys.)

Aj Mansour ‏@AjMansourKFAN
Frazier seemed dejected during his post game presser. Said he didn't do a good job getting his team ready for tonight. #Vikings 


(Glad he recognizes that.)

Geoff Schwartz ‏@GeoffSchwartz76
Disappointing game tonight. We will bounce back. The Dome was rocking tonight and we do notice that. Love it. #SkolVikings 


(Glad he acknowledges the fans, if I had been there I would've appreciated it a lot.  Hell, I just watched at home and I still appreciate it a lot.)

Chris Kluwe ‏@ChrisWarcraft
Would like to thank all the fans for staying loud and into it for as long as possible though. You guys showed up, and we appreciate it. 


(Again, the appreciation is appreciated.)


So to sum it all up - we have a nice long break, I want them to all go home feeling horrible, and wake up in the morning feeling angry and determined and ready to kick some ass at Seattle.

SKOL!


No comments:

Post a Comment