Thursday, June 21, 2012

Breaking: Husain Abdullah MIGHT Retire

According to Twitter (that is, Tom Pelissero) Husain Abdullah is "done with football", having turned down contract offers from the Vikings (and other teams?) to "pursue religious obligations".  Also, he has had some concussion problems.

I'm shocked, totally didn't see this coming - I thought he was using football as a platform to show the truth of being a Muslim in America, but I suppose if he's had a lot of concussion problems it makes sense.

Guess we have another roster spot open.  Wow.  Just...wow!


EDIT - Oookay, just saw this tweet:
Pioneer Press ‏@VikingsNow

Told Abdullah realizes his football future is uncertain but isn't ruling out a return after his pilgrimage.

So...I guess we're waiting and seeing?  I'll keep you updated.

No comments:

Post a Comment