Monday, August 26, 2013

Viking cuts

Just a quick note about the thirteen players the Vikings have released today:

LaMark Brown - WR
Erik Highsmith - WR
Tyler Holmes - OG
Lawrence Jackson - DE
Marquis Jackson - DE
Stanford Keglar - LB
Greg McCoy - DB
Bradley Randle - RB
Chris Summers - WR
James Vandenberg - QB
Camden Wentz - C
Jerodis Williams - RB
Roderick Williams - DB

No surprise about any of the WRs (Burton and Webb are battling it out for the last slot for sure.  I've had it pointed out to me that if Webb were kept, he could be emergency #4 QB...meh.  I don't really want him switching around again, dude needs continuity.) or the DEs.  Floyd is doing well after "minor surgery" and I'm hoping Kevin Williams' knee is indeed just a bruise.  I'm so sick of chop-blocks!!  That guy - whoever he is - had better get fined.  (I'm looking at you Mr. "I'm fining RGIII for a t-shirt" Goodell!)

Don't know much about the OG or C, but I think we're comfortable with our vets at most of those positions so I'm not overly surprised there either.  Same goes for Vandenberg.  Ponder is #1, Cassel #2, and #3 is McLeod Bethel-Thompson.  Vandenberg had some nice looks, but he'll be a good fit for someone else's practice squad this year, I think.  Maybe some development will elevate him to someone's final 53.

Really, the only one that DID surprise me was Bradley Randle.  He was no great shakes at last night's game, but considering the carries he got, I was quite sure he'd come back for #4 and a final looksee.  I mean, was Gerhart really SO good we had to cut two RBs to give him extra looks for our last tune-up?  Only RBs on our roster now are Peterson, Gerhart, Asiata and someone named Joe Banyard.  I don't know how many RBs we'll keep though, not with our WR stable.  Peterson and Gerhart are a given, IMO, and Asiata might get a special teams slot...maybe.

SKOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment