Saturday, August 31, 2013

Vikings' Cuts Today!

First I've heard is (RB) Joe Banyard.  Tom Pelissero says he'll probably make the practice squad if he clears waivers.  I wish I could comment but of course I missed our 4th preseason game so I really don't know enough about him.

I'll update periodically as I hear more.  SKOL!

EDIT 1: Aj Mansour thinks it's likely Banyard will clear waivers and make the practice squad, for what that's worth.

EDIT 2: Antoine Winfield has been released by the Seahawks and a rumor is the Vikings' FO is interested...I'm SO torn...I want Winny back!  I want him to retire as a Viking!  But we have GOT to start making moves towards a Super Bowl run in the next year or two (Peterson isn't getting any younger no matter what a beast he is) and I don't know if taking on Winny and cutting a young guy would do that for us.

EDIT 3: (OLB) Tyrone McKenzie has been released.

EDIT 4: (TE) Colin Anderson is the third Vikings' player to be released.

EDIT 5: (TE) Chase Ford has also been released.  There goes one of my final 53 picks!!

EDIT 6: Brandon Keith (T) has been released.  Brian Hall also reported a "Stephen Nealy" released but we only have a Spencer Nealy (DE).

EDIT 7: Spencer Nealy was the released player.  Brandan Bishop (S) has also been released.  All the cuts have to be made by 5 pm Central time, so either they're waiting until the last second, or they're keeping them quiet for some reason.

EDIT 8: Antoine Winfield has informed the Seattle Seahawks he plans to retire.  I'm sad, but that's how this cookie crumbled.

EDIT 9: (WR) Stephen Burton has been cut. Color me surprised, I didn't see that happening.

EDIT 10: Final list is out: TE Colin Anderson, RB Joe Banyard, S Brandan Bishop, OL Travis Bond, CB Brandon Burton, WR Stephen Burton, DT Everett Dawkins, S Darius Eubanks, CB Bobby Felder, TE Chase Ford, OL Brandon Keith, DT Anthony McCloud, LB Tyrone McKenzie, OL Kevin Murphy, DT Spencer Nealy, DE D’Aundre Reed, WR Rodney Smith, WR Adam Thielen, DE Collins Ukwu were all cut.


Here's the final roster:
Quarterbacks:
Christian Ponder, Matt Cassel, McLeod Bethel-Thompson

Runningbacks:
Adrian Peterson, Toby Gerhart, Matt Asiata, Zach Line

Wide Receivers:
Greg Jennings, Jerome Simpson, Cordarrelle Patterson, Jarius Wright, Joe Webb

Tight Ends:
Kyle Rudolph, John Carlson, Rhett Ellison

Offensive Linemen:
Matt Kalil, Charlie Johnson, John Sullivan, Brandon Fusco, Phil Loadholt, Jeff Baca, Joe Berger, Troy Kropog

Defensive Linemen:
Brian Robison, Kevin Williams, Letroy Guion, Jared Allen, Everson Griffen, Sharrif Floyd, Fred Evans, Chase Baker, George Johnson

Linebackers:
Chad Greenway, Erin Henderson, Desmond Bishop, Marvin Mitchell, Audie Cole, Larry Dean, Gerald Hodges, Mike Mauti

Defensive Backs:
Chris Cook, Josh Robinson, Xavier Rhodes, AJ Jefferson, Marcus Sherels, Harrison Smtih, Jamarca Sanford, Mistral Raymond, Andrew Sendejo, Robert Blanton

Kicker:
Blair Walsh

Punter:
Jeff Locke

Longsnapper:
Cullen Loeffler

(The bolded guys are the ones I left out in my mock final 53 that made it in after all.  Feel a little guilty about forgetting Cullen Loeffler.  But getting 8 wrong...I guess I need more practice.)

Ballard is on IR.  DeMarcus Love is suspended.

That's all for now - SKOL!




No comments:

Post a Comment