Sunday, September 22, 2013

Goodbye Ponder. Goodbye Frazier.

I would say it's been nice knowing you, but that would be a lie.

Well, that's not entirely true.  Frazier did a good job after we were liberated from Chilly-ball.  And as a Gator, I looooved seeing Ponder freeze and die for the Noles.  But as a Viking, who was overjoyed when a 3-13 team turned into a 10-6 team, followed by a lovely draft I WILL NOT ENDURE AN ABSOLUTELY PATHETIC 0-3 START!

Especially when London is coming up and the only people who think we're going to win in London are highly beloved by Vegas bookies.

You know, I missed most of this game and consider it a blessing from the Football Gods that I didn't have to suffer as much as I would have otherwise.

I don't know if Frazier and Ponder are really gone; that's just my initial reaction.  But I'll bet you dollars to donuts that unless we go 8-8 this year or better (HA HA) one or both of them is gone.  No one on the injury list today was huge - except Chris Cook - and this style of play AT HOME...I'm sorry it's just inexcusable.  The offense can't pass the check to the defense like that, and if our defense is going to be stuck on the field 60% of the time we need to up their conditioning immediately.

I don't know if Cassel will solve a single problem we have, but I'm starting to get very interested in finding out.  (Word on the street is the Vikings are interested in drafting McCarron from Alabama...oh Football Gods, give me enough grace to endure!!)  I also wonder if throwing McLeod Bethel-Thompson would be a good idea...and then I remember Aaron Rodgers sat for what four, five years behind FavRE?  I'll let him sit.  (Not that I'm convinced he's a Rodgers.  But I know our staff thinks there's something special about him.)

Erin Henderson just said in an interview, "Just pretty much anger and disappointment right now."  That's exactly how I feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment