Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Home Game Thoughts

I'm glad it's finally a home game - we do play best at home.  But will we be mad enough to trounce the Browns?  Or will we think, "Oh it's the Browns.  We'll trounce them even if we go out and get trashed the night before?"  Because I can promise you bro, we can't beat anyone if we go in there thinking how easy it'll be.  Especially since I hear the Browns have a pretty rough defensive front seven.

Kevin Williams is healthy.  This pleases me.
Brandon Weeden is out for the Browns.  This...well, honestly, I don't even know what to think.  I prefer having someone we have tape on.  But this "Hoyer" I know nothing about.  I had to look him up, and apparently he spent three seasons with the Patriots, and then moved on to Pittsburgh and Arizona last season.  Just one career start and from Michigan State?  That can mean absolutely anything.

I keep reminding myself that in '08 we started 0-2 and won the division.  But we are going to have to turn around and FAST to get there.  Fortunately, all the NFCN is so good this year, there will probably be a lot of conference away losses from everyone, which might give us a good shot at the wildcard or maybe (in my wildest dreams) the divisional slot.

Also, some of our issues did come from serious turf slop at Chicago.  I'm willing to bet some of the spills - noticeably Peterson's 10 yard gaffe in the redzone when he tried to reverse - came from turf that was soaking wet and had been played on the night before.

Anyway let's pull our socks up and get ready for a big week of football!  SKOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment