Monday, September 9, 2013

Vikings at Detroit Recap

Well boys and girls, the Powers That Be did not see fit to air the game down here in Texas, and I've been told by a dozen people I'm lucky I didn't have to suffer through it.

I have been informed by enough people to make it credible that Ponder looked awful and the only reason he hasn't been mobbed and torn to pieces was from the sheer brilliance of Jerome Simpson's and Greg Jennings' catches.  Apparently a fumble credited to Peterson was really Ponder's fault (this one I'm not so sure of...I still remember that ghastly NFC North championship when Peterson fumbled in the redzone), and Ponder had three other turnovers (INTs) all to himself.

Last night as I checked twitter before going back to my thesis, I saw a quote from Colin Kaepernick, stating that if the other team's gameplan was to intimidate him, they'd need a new plan.  THAT is the attitude I want from Ponder.  He's a third year quarterback this year and he still looks lost in the pocket, underthrows, and stares down receivers before throwing late over the middle?  I've never been a fan of calling for the QB's head after a single bad game...but Ponder, your seat is a little hot honey.  Also, Bill Musgrave is definitely coming in for a portion of my censure.  If Ponder can't execute, you have to find something that he CAN execute. 

I wonder how much of our problems came down to DT Kevin Williams being out with a sore knee...and Suh's little effort on John Sullivan's knees.  We NEED a better defense - having REGGIE BUSH of all people running all over us...please excuse me while I go puke.

I wonder how many of our problems came from conditioning...did we get tired in the end of the game?  We were within 3 in the 3rd quarter and then we lost by 10? 

I suffered enough on Saturday, watching the Gators' humiliating loss to Miami - turns out Jeff Driskel sprained his knee during the game and kept playing and is now on crutches (I am not sure I like that he was allowed to continue with a sprained knee, even if his backup is greener than new grass)...our Vikings NEED to get themselves in order and start WINNING!

My dreams of 10-6 and a playoff spot aren't looking good now.  But I've been a loyal fan since 1994 and I'm going to keep on being a loyal fan.  It would just be a lot easier if Ponder had some faith in himself...or his teammates.

SKOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment