Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Rivalries, Offseason, and Tweets

Saw a headline today saying that there are SIX former Seminoles on the Vikings' roster.  I was a Vikings fan first, but I'm a loyal Gator too, and I admit it's a little hard to swallow sometimes on draft day and during free agency.

But drafting my college rivals will never, ever cause me as much pain as when we picked up Brett Favre.  The night it came out that we HAD NOT taken him, my guy friends took me out and we got drunk in celebration.  The night it came out that we HAD signed him, my guy friends took me out and kindly got me plastered.

Per Twitter:
Turns out both John Carlson (TE) and Stephen Burton (WR) had spectacular catches, Burton's going for a TD.  It'll be interesting to see if Burton makes our roster instead of Webb, but even if he doesn't, I imagine he'll get work elsewhere.

Williams was quoted as saying he still considers himself as the Vikings' top dog, which absolutely thrilled me.  That's the attitude I want in my players, especially one who is going to mentor Sharrif Floyd.  I've watched Floyd all through his time at Florida and the man is a hard-nosed go-getter and if he can be imbued with Kevin Williams' skill, toughness and leadership, I'll be ecstatic.
For his part, Floyd seems eager to learn, which I'm happy about, but to be honest, I expected it.

Christian Ponder isn't tweeting much, which I'm hoping is a good thing.  I don't expect him to spend all day every day with his nose in his playbook, but a few hours a day at least would be salutary I'm sure.

Michael Mauti does not have a twitter, which I find slightly disappointing.  I'm hoping he heals up and can contribute at some time later in the season.  In the meantime, I'll just have to follow the news like everyone else.


Finally, my Vikings Thought for the Day:
Offseason sucks.  Oh I can read twitter, and look at old video of games, and check out articles and listen to KFAN (and I do), but seeing Cordarrelle Patterson tweet "VEGAS BABY!" is not one billionth as fulfilling as watching an actual game.  Only 96 days left!

No comments:

Post a Comment