Thursday, June 6, 2013

Talking Twitter

Hey all - been sick again today so just some talking points for now.

- John Carlson (TE) hauled in a seriously sweet touchdown at the OTAs today.  You should definitely go to the Vikings.com website and check it out!  (Not sure if I should link it here...media laws and all that.)

- Ponder looked moderately comfortable in the "pocket", and it was a long toss, so I'm crossing all my fingers and my toes in hopes that he continues to deliver with accuracy and speed!

- Only occurred to me last night that with Lacey out (hand surgery) Xavier Rhodes is going to get the lion's share of snaps in practice.  I never pictured him starting during the first half of this season, although I could see it later on, once our vets are tired and he's more experienced...but if he gets that much work this summer, you never know what could happen!

- From the interviews I've read this week, Frazier is assigning 0 starting positions until he sees the preseason.  I'm not saying he won't have his own opinions and have a penciled-in roster...but he is definitely waiting to see our boys in action before he makes his biggest decisions.

- Kyle Rudolph tweeted, "Another week in the books. Gotta keep working to get better!"  If Frazier, Greenway and Ponder hadn't been praising him to the stars, that would really worry me.  As it is, I'm cautiously optimistic that if he keeps his head on straight, he can challenge Simpson and Jennings for a chunk of Ponder's attention, Peterson notwithstanding.

- Frazier is praising Robison and saying he can be a "double-digit sack guy"...any hopes in anyone else's wildest dreams that Robison and Allen both get double-digit sacks this year?

More later - SKOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment