Sunday, November 3, 2013

Vikings @ Cowboys 11/3/2013

I didn't watch the whole game.  I'm not a masochist.

I had two major thoughts during the game:

THOUGHT ONE: Well, I'll go out on a limb here and say the no-huddle offense agrees with Ponder more than our old offense did.
He's got a TD - a rushing one, but still 7 points - and he SEEMS to actually  be looking around the field, which is a positive.  In fact, so far as the first half goes, he looks like last year's reasonably-in-control Ponder.

THOUGHT TWO: [insert="personal game commentary"]
Kevin Williams destroys DeMarco Murray for a 7 yard loss!!  Ugh, and then when we've nearly backed them into their own endzone on a 3rd and long we let them convert with a 29 yard pass play.  We CANNOT allow that to happen! [/commentary]
The biggest problem with our team is we do well, we do well, and then BOOM we do something shitty we can't recover from.

Like that last Dallas drive.  [insert="stiff drink"]

Post game thoughts:
Phil Loadholt has a concussion.  Do we have any defensive players left?  I'm almost afraid to write their names in case they too get injured!!
Our players are depressed.  Half of me says "GOOD, I'M DEPRESSED TOO."  Half of me says, "Crud.  This is going to make it harder for us to win.  Tired, defeated, emotionally drained guys are not going to be able to rally and win in tight games or turn around drawn-out games.
Our coaching staff aren't going to keep their jobs if they don't stop making boneheaded calls.  YES they make some good ones.  But they have made some BAD ones too.

But whatever happens, I'll still be a Viking.  SKOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment