Friday, July 26, 2013

Friday Night Football Thoughts

One thing to start with: today (the 26th) is Brandon Fusco's birthday!  Happy birthday Fusco, hope you had a great time :)

Well, back to football news, we're starting out with TWO guys on the PUP list, which is a very little bit sad.  Greg Childs (WR) is no surprise, but Nathan Williams (LB) is.  Apparently his ankle surgery went well, but the staff want him to take a little more time before he trots out on the field. 

As per practice, Cordarrelle Patterson struggled a  little in the beginning in windy conditions, but he showed some versatility and good route-running once he warmed up a little.

Desmond Bishop is rotating around at the LB positions, and seems happy with the organization and his opportunities to perform in several positions for us.  I hope he learns the schemes and gets familiar with these teammates quickly - let's not forget the man only signed with us in June and missed the OTAs and all that sort of thing.

The best thing I read all day was MICHAEL MAUTI PASSED HIS PHYSICAL!!  The training staff are happy with him, and the man hit the practice field!  Even if he doesn't make the team, I am so ecstatic for him to get to play for us, to do the preseason grind, and to get feedback from our coaching staff.  I barely know this kid - not personally, just as blogger fodder - but I keep feeling like he's really got some soul going on in there.  I love a player who is not only a killer athlete (and his PSU teammates attest to that) but is a fantastic leader as well.

Random note: I rather resent that one of our home games got moved to London this season - it's our last at the Metrodome!  Couldn't it be done NEXT season when we're camping out in the Gophers' stadium?

Anyway, that's all for now.  I'm all kinds of nervous for this year boys and girls - last seasons' 10-6 was a killer surprise after a 3-13 previous season, but Adrian Peterson's recovery is "old news" now, Ponder is entering even more killer scrutiny, and one or two of our more important players are getting older :coughAllenWilliamsLoefflerCasselcough:, and our WR corps is untested to say the least of it.  You may not be able to win the Superbowl - oh yes, Leslie Frazier went there! - in the offseason, but any coach will tell you that you can lose it there.


Other Teams:

#1 pick overall Eric Fisher agreed to terms with the Kansas City Chiefs for a 5 year deal.  I wonder how much money he'll make?  Apparently the #2 pick, Luke Joekel (I'm sure I've spelt that incorrectly) will make $300,000 more because of the fact there's no state income tax in Florida.  Do you know, I think I'll stay here for the rest of my life...LOL

Not only will the Seahawks have to do without Percy Harvin for awhile, the San Diego Chargers' 2nd round pick LB, Jonas Mouton suffered a torn ACL today and will be out for the season.  Poor guy, I hope he heals up quickly and can come back at full power!


SKOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment