Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Off Topic: Arrests in the NFL


(If you click on the picture, it should pop up at full-size.)

Okay this isn't entirely off topic, because I want to rant at how utterly appalled I am that the Vikings are tied for #1 in arrests overall since 2000 with the Bengals (REALLY?!  How can this be?!), but still.

http://www.utsandiego.com/nfl/arrests-database/

This is a database of all arrests in the NFL, and it's really quite fascinating.  Our most recent arrest was 7/7/2012 when Adrian Peterson was arrested in a nightclub (my post about it is here: http://carlatheviking.blogspot.com/2012/07/adrian-peterson-arrested.html), and as we all know, that arrest turned out to be absolute bullshit, and I still hope the officers involved were severely disciplined.  Arresting a man for resisting arrest before he'd even been arrested for anything!  Can you say star-struck?

Now, my first thought was simply that the site hadn't been updated in a year, so I checked New England's tab and sure enough, Aaron Hernandez was there.  Being a bitch, I clicked on the Packers' tab and was quite disappointed that their last arrest was November 2011.  It could be worse, at least we have honorable opponents and not cheating scumbags who get paid for conspiring to injure other players - oh...wait a minute...

Cattiness aside, I had to have a bit of a laugh when I realized the "team" with the most arrests was the Free Agents tab!  Which got me to thinking - how many arrests are from guys whose careers are pretty much over, and finding the lack of coaching, influence, and paychecks to be galling enough to descend into a bad place?

It's something to think about anyway.

SKOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment