Monday, July 15, 2013

Is it Camp Yet?

The Vikings report to Mankato on July 25th, with the first practice on July 26th.  Camp will end on August 15th.

And preseason begins in 25 days!  August 9th, at home vs the Texans!  How can I bear to wait 25 more days?!  I really can't be lived with this time of year, I get utterly restless and pull out all my Vikings jerseys (except the autographed Harvin rookie jersey which I keep wrapped in plastic in my closet until I can afford to frame) and try them on, and go online and drool at all the other jerseys I simply can't afford but desperately want.  I think my next jersey HAS to be a Peterson one.  After that I don't know.  I have a Winfield one that I wear to bed (I ordered an XL, not realizing that it was a men's XL instead of a woman's XL, which turned out to be a lot more than one size too big!!), and an Allen jersey that actually fits, and of course the autographed Harvin one I can't wear.

Last night I was reading Emily of Deep Valley (for the sixth time) and this time I actually read the blurb in back and it turns out that Maud Hart Lovelace's beloved Deep Valley was actually Mankato, Minnesota!  That's just redoubled my desire to get there one day.  Of course, I'm sure it'll be massively changed.  But with Vikings every summer, and it being one of my favorite author's stomping grounds I'll be happy to see it anyway.

The NFL Supplemental Draft was last Thursday, and no one got selected.  Those guys are now free agents, so I guess we'll see if anyone picks them up during the summer merry-go-round.

Single game tickets will be sold starting tomorrow...why oh why am I not rich?  How I'd love to go up to Minnesota for a game or two - especially the last games at Mall of America field.  Maybe one day.  Just another reason to stay single and save my money I guess.  Why spend money on boys when I can spend it on football?

SKOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment