Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Quickie Note

Hey all, sorry for the silence.  I've been sick for a few days now, and am just now pulling myself back together. 

There hasn't been too much news going on in the Vikings' world, which is really good IMO.  Especially when my Twitter feed is full of football players who have been put on their respective IR & PUP lists, and those who have been dismissed due to undisclosed injuries.

Word on the streets is that Greg Childs' workouts are going incredibly well and the dude is 230 lbs now - he was 217 when we drafted him.  If that weight is muscle, and he retains his quickness and a good first step, dude could conceivably be a STUD in a season or two.  I've been arguing that while this IS essentially his rookie year, he's had a whole year getting to know our staff, been rehabbing with our trainers, establish a camaraderie with his playmates :coughPONDERcough:, and getting to know the playbook.  As long as he doesn't go so hard and so fast he jeopardizes his health, I think we might be able to expect a degree of Rookie Excellence from him.

Talking to my fellow Vikings' fans, the consensus that our final WR lineup will look something like this:
1. Jennings
2. Simpson
3. Wright
4. Childs
5. Patterson
Tie for last spot: Smith/Webb/Burton

Now, with Webb's improvement I wonder what will happen to Burton, who has apparently been wowing the staff in practice (did I not tell you that competition does wonders for team play?!).  Will we stick him at PR?  Call him an ATH?  Or will Webb be the one shoved into a different slot?  Will we eliminate an extra TE and put Webb there?  Burton?

I really don't know, and it's going to be something to watch for as the preseason unfolds.  Camp opens on the 25th!  Can't wait to get some inkling of what's going down.  Still, have no idea who really is going to go and going to stay until I see at least two or three of the preseason games.

SKOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment